Saturday, June 5, 2010

Something my family will eat!

So I am always looking for new things to make for dinner that my family will actually eat. I love cookbook's and it seems I am always buying new ones. One I have is called Classic Tex-Mex and Texas Cooking. It has some yummy sounding recipes in it but I have only made a few. This week it was Sunday-Chicken Casserole. I enjoyed it so I am going to share it with you.

5 boneless,skinless chicken breast halves, cooked, cubed
2 (8oz) cartons sour cream
1 (7oz) package uncooked, ready-cut spaghetti
2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 (8oz) package fresh, grated parmesan cheese

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine chicken, sour cream, spaghetti, chicken soup, mushrooms, butter and black pepper.
  • Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake, covered, for 50 minutes.

Now, I didn't add the mushrooms but that was only because the rest of the family wouldn't eat it if I did. Hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

Giggles said...

Sounds yummy. I will definately have to try it.

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Sounds really yummy!! THANKS for sharing, we'll have to try it!!